mirror grinding fast

Fast Mirror Grinding & Polishing - The ATMs Workshop

Fast Mirror Grinding and Polishing Miscellaneous Tips and Techniques . John D. Upton November 15, 2001 (Updated July 15, 2002) Many ATMs, by their very nature, are experimenters. This article discusses some of the odd techniques I have used in grinding

Learn More

16" first time mirror grind? - DIY Astronomer - Stargazers Lounge

Jan 15, 2013 · A 16" f/5 has a sagitta of 5mm so the glass at the centre of your mirror will only be 20mm max thick at the end of coarse grinding. The next grinding grade or two will take off a bit more thickness. Experience with smaller mirrors always helps which is why it is usually suggested as the best route to take.

Learn More

Dental Stone Tool Initial Grinding

Now that you have the tool made, you can now finish grinding the mirror with the tool using the roughing stroke with the mirror on top of the tool. You will need to get all of the tiles in contact with the mirror at this point and you may have to do a little bit of extra grinding in order to insure that all of the tiles are in contact.

Learn More

Mirror grinding and polishing apparatus - National

Part of the grinding and polishing apparatus for the mirror for Herschel's 40ft reflector telescope (40ft refers to the length of the tube). When the Herschels were polishing telescope mirrors they fixed them in a special frame to ensure an even finish.

Learn More

How to find mirror list and set fastest download server on Manjaro

sudo pacman-mirrors --country Costa_Rica && sudo pacman -Syyu. Selecting preferred mirrors by an interactive method. Now that you know which is the best server, you may want to set it as preferred

Learn More

Mirror grinding | Telescope, Astronomy, Diy telescope

Apr 23, 2018 - telescope making, mirror grinding, homemade tripod, eyepieces, astronomy

Learn More

Mirror-O-Matic grinding machine

The grinding/polishing tool is held in place by the quill of the M-o-M. The Mirror o Matic in action: First image: Polishing a 12" mirror with some added weight on the quill.

Learn More

Mirror grinding | Mirror, Round mirror bathroom, Astronomy

Dec 27, 2020 - telescope making, mirror grinding, homemade tripod, eyepieces, astronomy

Learn More

Mirror Grinding Fast - Video Results

More Mirror Grinding Fast videos

Learn More

Grinding Mirror-China Grinding Mirror Manufacturers

China Grinding Mirror - Select 2021 Grinding Mirror products from verified China Grinding Mirror manufacturers, suppliers on Made-in-China.com.

Learn More

Dick Parker's Telescope Mirror Workshop: Cassegrain Telescope

One for the mirror, one for the tool, another for the tool pitch lap, and the fourth for the mirror pitch lap. Grinding the secondary is just like grinding any other optic except in minature. I ground the secondary with the workstand and worked the tool on top just like I would grind a larger mirror.

Learn More

Mirror-o-Matic mirror making machine - ATM pages of

The M-o-M is a marvellous machine due to its simplicity and yet refined design. It is extremely flexible accommodating mirror sizes from 4 inch up to 20 inch (with slight modifications) and can be used for all three steps necessary in producing a mirror. That is you can use it to grind, polish and figure your optics.

Learn More

7 Hand Polishers To Produce a Mirror Finish in Under 10 Minutes

The following polishers are to be used on metals, glass, stone, ceramics, hard woods, enamels and plastics to achieve a mirror finish shine in under 10 minutes. Each hand polisher as the name suggests can be used by hand without the need for a machine or rotary tool, and each one can be cut, flexed and manipulated to be applied to your work

Learn More

Training: Polishing the Mirror and Grinding the Stone

Grinding the stone means to work hard and fast with our mind fixed on the task at hand. We can grind the stone in relative safety, providing we have spent sufficient time in polishing the mirror. As uke and nage we work together grinding off the rough edges.

Learn More

Telescope mirror grinding

Here, we show how we are grinding the back of a mirror flat, using the 'fixed post grinding', method

Learn More

Stellafane ATM: Guide to Strokes

With mirror on top, overhang mirror about 40% of its diameter over the tool, so that most of the grinding action is concentrated on the center of the mirror and the edge of the tool. Take straight strokes such that the center of the mirror travels along an imaginary chord 1 on the tool (The red arrow in the diagram).

Learn More

grinding an optical flat mirror - Reiner Vogel

Fine grinding. A flatness in the range of 1 µm can be reached by grinding three glass blanks alternatingly against each other, blank 1 on 2, 2 on 3, 3 on 1, and so on. This will be continued with each Carbo grade. After fine grinding, one of the blanks is picked as the future flat mirror and will be polished.

Learn More

Joy of Mirror Making: Rough Grinding | Diy telescope

Oct 20, 2018 - Introduction to grinding polishing and parabolizing a telescope mirror

Learn More

Mirror Grinding Tool

Fast Mirror Grinding & Polishing - The ATMs Workshop. Making A Mirror Polishing And Figuring Tool By Allen Malsbury General: Polishing a mirror is needed to remove those last small pits left behind by the fine grinding process.

Learn More

China High Speed Stainless Steel Mirror Polishing /Grinding

Polishing Machine, Grinding Machine, Polishing manufacturer / supplier in China, offering High Speed Stainless Steel Mirror Polishing /Grinding Machine, Fast Speed Ctl Cutting Line, High Speed Stainless Steel Etching Machine and so on.

Learn More

Large Thin Mirror Making - BBAstroDesigns

After 10 to 20 minutes, the grinding compound will exhaust itself and thin out. If you persist, the chance of creating a bad scratch or sticking is high. Clean mirror and tool and recharge. 9 micron will take you 2 hrs to 8 hrs depending on tool and mirror size. The mirror will reflect light at a low angle of graze.

Learn More

Joy of Mirror Making: Fine Grinding - BBAstroDesigns

Here the backside of a very fast 25 inch [635cm] mirror is being ground. The concave tool that is grinding the backside is recharged with more grit and the mirror placed on top ready to begin the next wet. For large thin blanks, check the wedge. Wedge is the difference in

Learn More

Mirror Finishing a Metal : 7 Steps (with Pictures

Mirror Finishing a Metal: Sometimes its really difficult dealing with metals like copper and brass (Two metal that we'll be dealing with) . Mirror finishing a metal like the copper plate I have shown in this Instructable, isn't really hard or difficult to achieve, especially

Learn More

Best value mirror grinding machine – Great deals on mirror

But you may have to act fast as this top mirror grinding machine is set to become one of the most sought-after best-sellers in no time. Think how jealous you’re friends will be when you tell them you got your mirror grinding machine on AliExpress.

Learn More

Making A Tile Tool For Mirror Grinding In 150 Seconds

How To Telescope Mirror Grinding Part 1. Telescope Mirror Grinding Polishing Machine With Tachometer. Florin Andrei.

Learn More

First mirror grind advice - DIY Astronomer - Stargazers Lounge

Jan 15, 2017 · I bought my first Mirror Kit from Charles Frank in Glasgow, way back when Methuselah was a lad. It had two superb 8.25" Pyrex Blanks, and enough Grinding materials to make a 8" f6 mirror. I did need much more Cerium Oxide polishing agent though, I made so many mistakes trying to Figure it, I kept running out of it.

Learn More

Grinding and Polishing a Meniscus Mirror – Astronomy @tomotvos.ca

Polishing a fast meniscus. As with grinding, the hand polishing of a fast meniscus mirror is not significantly different than traditional telescope mirrors. So again I will focus on the aspects that make these mirrors unique. First, the clear goal of this stage is to have a completely smooth and regular surface that is ready for figuring.

Learn More

ATM - Grinding a 8" Mirror

Grinding an 8" Fritz Mirror: 4.71 Focal Length: Here's the 8" mirror after finishing with 60 and 80 grit. The curve matches a f/6 template, which I later found out is anywhere between f4.8 and f7. The tool is the standard unglazed tile. It's mounted on to 3/4" layers of waterproofed MDF.

Learn More

PDF) Ultraprecision grinding of tungsten carbide for spherical mirrors

mirrors are produced by grinding followed by lapping. and polishing to remove the This study describes the grinding of solid immersion mirrors with paraboroidal surfaces using a four-axis

Learn More

Precision mirror grinding and machining of steel-bonded carbide_

The use of ELID mirror grinding technology for precision machining of steel-bonded cemented carbides makes it easy to obtain low-roughness mirrors. I. The basic principle of ELID grinding technology On-line electrolytic dressing mirror grinding is a new ultra-precision machining technology developed in Japan in the early 1990s.

Learn More